When buying a used car, it’s essential to have it inspected by a trusted mechanic before making a final decision. A proper inspection can reveal any hidden issues and give you a better understanding of the overall condition of the car. At AutoMasters, Middle Tennessee’s trusted Buy Here, Pay Here dealership, we believe in full transparency and we provide free inspection for every vehicle in our inventory. But if you decide to get an inspection from your own mechanic, here are some things to look for during the inspection process.
- Check the exterior: Look for signs of rust, dents, or damage on the exterior of the car. Take note of any scratches, dings, or other imperfections. Check the tires and brakes, and make sure they are in good condition.
- Check the interior: Check the seats, carpets, and dashboard for any wear and tear. Make sure all the buttons, knobs, and switches are working properly. Check the air conditioning and heating system as well.
- Check the engine: Make sure the engine runs smoothly and quietly. Look for any signs of oil leaks or other fluid leaks. Check the belts and hoses for signs of wear.
- Check the transmission: Make sure the transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. Listen for any grinding or whining sounds.
- Check the suspension: Check the shocks and struts for signs of wear. Make sure the car handles well and doesn’t pull to one side.
- Check the car’s history: AutoMasters provides a free carfax report for every vehicle in stock. Review the car’s history and make sure it has a clean title and hasn’t been in any major accidents.
At AutoMasters, we believe in providing our customers with high-quality used cars that have been thoroughly inspected and serviced. We want you to have peace of mind when buying a used car from us. However, if you choose to get an inspection from your own mechanic, these tips will help you make an informed decision. Visit our lot in Nashville to see our inventory and schedule an inspection today.